What methods of payment does Butcher Secrets accept?
- All major credit cards
- Gift cards
- Pay Pal / Venmo
- Apple Pay
How do I get help placing my order?
How will you ship my product, so it arrives safe and fresh?
All our products are shipped in individually vacuum-sealed packages. They are frozen and shipped with a styrofoam inner layer and gel ice packs. It is normal for the ice packs to melt and some thawing to occur particularly during summer months, but if the products arrive under 39 degrees and below, have no fear as it is still safe to enjoy. We ship via Fed Ex in our eco-friendly thermopods whenever possible.
I just placed my order. When will my order arrive?
Due to the perishability of our Wagyu and Organic Grass Fed product, we can’t ship over the weekend. We collect all orders by 11am Eastern Standard Time, orders are packaged and reaady to ship overnight the following business day. Please see our order and shipping timeline below. If you have any special requirements/questions, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily help you out!
Why do you have minimum orders? Why can’t I just order 1 or 2 steaks?
We offer our Wagyu and Organic Grass Fed in multiples based on what fits in a box. We need our Wagyu and Organic Grass Fed to fit in snug so that they stay frozen and arrive safely to your door. For our steaks this is quantities to make up an 8 to 10lb box. Larger, secret cuts can be sold individually.
What to do with my steaks when I get them?
- If you are holding onto them, you can keep your vacuum-sealed packages in your freezer upon delivery, which should last up to 12 months in your freezer.
- If you are planning to eat in a few says you can thaw the beef in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours to allow the steak to retain all of its natural juices for exceptional flavor.
- If you can’t wait a minute keep your steak in the vacuum-sealed package and submerge in a bowl of cold water, taking anywhere of 30 minutes to a few hours, depending on the size.
- If you thawed too much, don’t worry, if it’s still in the vacuum-sealed package it can be safely refrozen as long as they have remained refrigerated and not been thawed for longer than a day.
How do I cook and prepare a delicate Wagyu beef?
- For the steaks, defrost in a bowl of cold water, within the vacuum sealed pack it comes in. For cooking, keep it simple, seasoning with sea salt and fresh ground pepper 30 minutes before you start cooking, while it comes to room temp. We highly recommend not cook past Medium Rare to maximize the flavors and flavorful juices.
- For Larger cuts, let them thaw in your refrigerator, it’s the safest! Depending on the size, it may take over 48 hours. Whether you are on roasting, simmering, or smoking, enjoy with your favorite rubs and seasonings, while you are experiencing higher marble levels that create super tenderness and flavor.
Is Wagyu the same thing as Kobe?
No. Wagyu means “Japanese cow,” a breed of cow originated in Japan that were specifically bred to maximize their healthy, fatty, intermuscular marbling. Kobe beef is a subtype of Wagyu from the Japanese territory of Hyogo where the city of Kobe is located. It’s important to know Wagyu beef from the US could never be Kobe beef, even though you might see “American Style Kobe. Kobe beef comes from 100% Japanese Black cow breed known as Tajima, raised in Kobe. Marble 57 Wagyu is not from Kobe, but our Wagyu breed is from the Tajima Wagyu.
What is the BMS, and what BMS is Marble 57?
BMS is the Beef Marble Score, a scale used by The Japanese Meat Grading Association to measure the quantity and quality of intramuscular fat (marbling) produced by one cattle. Marble 57 has a BMS score of 4-5, which is above the highest BMS level you’ll find with Prime Angus in the US.
Can I pick up the order vs. shipping?
Sorry, we are unable to accommodate currently, as our packaging and processing partners operate in a facility that is not open to the public. We have fantastic grocery partners in South Florida and the Northeast, with plans to expand! We have an updated list in our “Select Locations” under Shop.
I’d like to cancel my order.
We will do everything possible to cancel the order but only if the order hasn’t shipped. Please send us an email at email@example.com before 10am EST the day your order is supposed to ship with the request.
I received a damaged or incorrect product. What now?
Our greatest apologies! Please share your order number, along with some pictures of the damage or incorrect product and send them to us so we can review. Please send pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy resend or refund your order, your choice.
Can you accommodate special requests?
We will try our best! Please send us an email with your request, and we will check back. You can send us an email at email@example.com
Can I Sous Vide the steaks in the package received?
To be safe, re-pack the steak in a new plastic pouch. Due to the potential risk of perforations in the packaging during transit. If Sous Vide, water may get into the product and risking ruining the steak.
Do you have business hours?
We respond to all inquiries within 24 hours, Monday through Friday 9am-5pm EST. All emails received after business hours, holidays or during the weekend will be answered on the next business day.
Can I call you?
We don’t have a contact phone number available because we are all working in remote locations. We closely monitor our emails on a regular basis and will respond to your email as quickly as we can at firstname.lastname@example.org